Most of us think marriage counseling is “hard” and Pre-K is “easy”. But, really, you should have no more anxiety about going to a marriage counselor than you would about going to Pre-K! Bear with me as I share my latest (tongue in cheek) thoughts with you…
- In marriage counseling, you learn to share.
- You learn about others.
- You learn how to take turns. You learn how to treat your friends.
- You learn you have to do things you are not inclined to do when you don’t feel like doing them.
- You learn that even when you cry and cry, you still have to accustom yourself to someone else’s schedule.
- You learn you are important and have something to contribute.
- You learn that bad days end and you can start over the next day.
- You learn how to behave so that there are more and more good days.
- You learn you can have fun doing something someone else wants to do.
- You learn how to negotiate.
- You learn how to follow a routine.
- You learn how to live by a set of rules.
- You learn that when the routine changes, the rules stay the same.
- You learn how to encourage yourself and others.
- You learn that some things you were afraid of really aren’t too bad!
- You learn that other people have feelings just like you do – no more biting!!!
Ha-ha. Thanks for joining me in my back-to-school humor. And make an appointment for marriage counseling! After you get over the anxiety, you might actually find yourself enjoying it.