If you are a single woman in your sixties and you are going to be dating, here are some salient things to think about…
- STD’s (That’s sexually transmitted diseases) are still out there and you can still catch them!
You may think that now that you are more mature, you will be able to be “adult” and have honest communication, but if he wants to have sex and he is afraid if he tells you he is HIV positive you won’t want to have sex with him, he may LIE to you. Yes, he may. Even if he’s a “great guy”. He may be 65 and have white hair, but his DNA coding is the same as it was when he was 16.
- Having said that, there are some really great men out there!
- The reason many older men want to date younger women is not necessarily because they are younger!
It is because they feel that younger women will appreciate them more and compete with them less. If you see someone on a dating site who wants to date someone younger than you are, don’t be afraid to make contact with him. Often, men aren’t sure what they want. If you are an encouraging, fun person who is not afraid to appreciate a man, you may be just the woman he has been looking for!
- They want to be able to freely give to a woman and not just respond to her “demands”.
- There is a difference between being “needy” and “appreciative”. Men need to know that you appreciate them.
- Learn to say thank you and communicate to him that you really appreciate him and what he does for you.
- Have fun! You’re not looking for the father of your children!
If it turns out that you both want to make a permanent commitment, that’s fine, but just enjoy the process of getting to know him for the interesting person he is.
- Know yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. Know your boundaries.
- Relax and enjoy your life.
You don’t have to prove how tough and independent you are with the man you are dating (even though you probably are tough and independent!) You can stop competing with and one-upping him.
- Men are looking for a woman who will understand, encourage and appreciate him. He wants to be able to appreciate her too.
- Be prepared for men to have varying degrees of interest in sex.
There are some for whom it is an extremely important part of the relationship, and there are some who would prefer to eat Italian food. It has nothing to do with you or how desirable he finds you. It’s really the time in your life to make your own rules about what you think is important. This is the most creative time of your life. Don’t let the expectations you had as a younger person dictate your life now.